Important: The more infomation in homepage.
Custom Smilies (previously named Custom Smileys) gives you a chance to personalize your posts and comments using smilies of your choice instead of default ones.
Custom Smilies was selected as one of 30+ plugins for WordPress comments and 300+ tools for running your WordPress blog. These lists were conducted by Mashable, as of July 24th, 2007 and August 16th, 2007.
This plugin was first released in 2005 and it is now updated to be compatible with WordPress 2.3.2.
- Version 2.9.2:
- Added: Compatible with WordPress 3.4.1
- Version 2.9:
- Added: German. Translated by Shabba.
- Added: Custom the path of smilies.(Only or WordPress 2.9 and above)
- Version 2.8:
- Fixed: Some path.
- Fixed: Can insert smilies when you edit pages and post a new page now.
- Fixed: Coordinate smile.gif with other icons.
- Added: Export and input.
- Added: French. Translated by Pierre Sudarovich.
- Version 2.7:
- Fixed: The functions of smilies button when you are using non WYSIWYG editor.
- Added: Compatible with TinyMCEComments.
- Version 2.6:
- Fixed: Modify management link.(Only or WordPress 2.7 and above)
- Added: Switch to use the action named comment_form.
- Added: Italian. Translated by Gianni Diurno.
- Added: Custom the size of The popup window which contains the smilies list.
- Added: Custom the id of the comment textarea.
- Added: Cursor on the smilies.
- Added: Smilies for QuickPress in Dashboard.
- Added: Smilies for Reply to Comment in the background.
- Added: Smilies for Edit Comment in the background.
- Version 2.5:
- Fixed: A JS error in IE.
- Version 2.3:
- Fixed: Serious logical bug.
- Version 2.2:
- Fixed: The method of checking init.php
- Fixed: Optimize tips.
- Added: l8n and L10n.
- Added: Add cs_print_smilies() to the action named comment_form.
- Fixed: Replace init.php with DB.
- Added: TinyMCE button.
- Version 2.1:
- Added: Check whether init.php is writeable.
- Fixed: Fix the path of init.php
- Version 2.0:
- Fixed: Support WordPress 2.5 or greater
- Version 1.2:
- Added: More/Less link
- Fixed: Blog URL changed to WordPress URL
- Version 1.1:
- Added: Automatically put a space after the smilie
- Added: The ability to specify which smilies to be displayed above the comment form
- Added: Return all smilies with cs_all_smilies()
- Fixed: Problems with file names
- Version 1.0: First release.
Please visit http://goto8848.net/projects/custom-smilies/
- Download and extract custom-smilies.zip
- Activate Custom Smilies in your Admin Panel
- Put your smilies in smilies folder (wp-includes/images/smilies/)
- Change the emoticons by navigating to Settings > Smilies and complete the form
Advanced use: Click here to read my blog post