Ever wanted to make your media truely private? Make sure images, videos and other files are only accessible to chosen roles, or cannot be hotlinked, with permissions specifically set per item.
This plugin adds the following major features to WordPress:
- Media Privacy: Lock access to items in the Media Library by preventing hotlinks only or by limiting access to files to selected user roles.
- User-friendly forbidden handler: Images set to private do not break on the frontend. Instead, they are replaced by a simple access denied SVG picture – the forbidden handler can be replaced using the filter hooks
apply_filters( 'pvtmed_forbidden_response_content', $forbidden_response_content, $file );) and
apply_filters( 'pvtmed_forbidden_mimetype', 'image/svg+xml' );).
- Customizable for more granularity: Restricted media will be checked for autorization – plugin developers can hook into the
apply_filters( 'pvtmed_is_authorized', $authorized, $attachment_id );) to apply more complex conditions for authorization.
- Optimized private media delivery: Files with access restriction are served using streams without loading the file entirely in memory before delivery, and WordPress files are loaded as lightly as possible for an optimised server memory usage.
- Fallbacks: Restricted files are kept in an alternate
wp-content/pvtmed-uploadsfolder (or equivalent if
WP_CONTENT_DIRis not the default) ; fallbacks are in place to make sure:
- deactivating the plugin does not break previously embedded media (database update).
- deleting the plugin does not break previously embedded media (database update).
A Must Use Plugin
pvtmed-endpoint-optimizer.php is installed automatically to make sure WordPress is loaded as lightly as possible when requesting restricted media items. Developers can safely edit it to enable their plugin to execute during such request if necessary.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/private-mediadirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Edit Media Privacy Settings on media items in the Media Library
ફાળો આપનાર & ડેવલપર્સ
આ ઓપન સોર્સ સોફ્ટવેર છે. નીચેના લોકો એ આ પ્લગિન માટે ફાળો આપ્યો છે.ફાળો આપનારા
pvtmed_htaccess_rulesfilters (see this support request for details)
- Bump version – supported by WordPress 5.0 (post edit screen fallbacks only in Classic Editor)
- First version